Review of The Syma S032
I have just about every Syma Remote Helicopter ever made,so know a lot about the Syma S032. Also called Syma S032G.
I have done a few reviews of the Syma Mini Helicopters-The most popular at the moment being the Syma S107 There is a complete review for the Syma S107 Here
However we are going to look at the next brother to the Syma S107 The Syma S032. This is a bigger heli that has some great points and a few bad ones-So enjoy my review, which is totally true as own the Syma S032 so know what I am discussing here.
Syma S032 Specifications:
Alloy structure, New design
- Electronic fine-tuning, flies so stable
- 3 channel control
- Intelligent balance system
- New digital full 3D control remotely with power saving mode.
- Full function: up/down, forward/backward, turning left and right, fixed-point hovering.
- Product size:305mmx72mmx150mm
- Flying time: approx 12min
- Flying height: approx 50m
- Control range: 100m
- Charging time: 150-180 min
- Battery: 3.7v 500mah
- Battery for transmitter: 4 x AA (not included)
- Frequency: 27mhz/40mhz/49mhz
- Age: 14+
- Net weight: 1.7kg
Comes in the box with--
- 1 x Transmitter
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Spare Tail Blade
- 1 x Micro Screwdriver
Let us start with The Good Points Of The Syma S032
This RC helicopter is a lot different to the Syma S107 to start with it is a lot bigger and does not have a infra red remote like the Syma S107 What that means is you can fly this stable helicopter outside on a Calm Day.
Below is photo of Remote:
The S032 hovers like magic out of the box, you might have to do some trim control via remote-Easy to do.The Syma S032 helicopter is extremely well made.The alloy frame has proven to withstand many crashes. The mini helicopter charges directly from the controller which uses AA batteries and has a full-function trim control for the perfect flight.So you need to buy batteries for remote,Will charge by the universal (110-240V) wall charger provided,make sure you get adapter for your country -Charging by remote knocks out the AA batteries fairly quickly.
The battery life is about 10-15 mins. depending on how you fly this girl-full throttle will use more battery power. Charges with in 40 mins. It is 12 inches long, 6 inches tall, about 2 inches wide. Comes with really great paint flex paint-photo below.
With out doubt this can be a great mini helicopter for beginners-I started with the Syma S107 so could fly in my own home,then progressed to the Syma S032 which is a lot bigger and has stronger motors, so flying backwards does not get bogged down like the Syma S107. How about a video?
Not a bad out of box review
The blade ends are rounded,less catching things when flying.
The speed is not unreasonably scary due to the limited rotor diameter. Tail-rotors are fairly large 2.65" diameter- these move forward without a problem, and stopping to hover is is neat and doable controlled.
A spare tail rotor is provided with the Syma S032 helicopter, not that I have needed it.
So lets us go to the bad points-Not Many:
- No USB charging like the Syma S107 and takes 40 minutes to charge from wall charger that is long to wait.
- However flying time at least 10 minutes. I never fly until drops as will screw your battery. Also after a flight wait at least 15 minutes before charging as the battery needs to cool down-If not, like any remote toy your battery will not last long.
- Instructions are really poor-guess translated from Chinese to English
- Motors seem small to me for the size, however is a light weight helicopter, Net weight: 1.7kg
- Motors have not burnt out on me after 4 hours of flying and have plenty of zip and speed.
29th Jan 2011 Update Now to the Syma S032G:
Realized I have a old model Syma S032 with 11.8cm blades.the latest has 14cm blades Syma S032G, so bought some upgrades from Amazon - hell what a difference this makes- With the larger 14cm blades, the rpm requires for lifting is a lot less than with the 11.8cm so the motors are not running at full speed all the time. Lifts quicker with less throttle means longer fly time-Really consider upgrade- Here is the link .Truly really changed my old 032 which I thought motors burnt out to be like new-Do your research know I am correct here as new models of the Syma S032G have the bigger blades-Talk soon.
My over all feeling is this is a great looking heli but need more flying time to determine if as good as the Syma S107 but for the price of around $50 it is a heli that will fly outside on a wind free day and flies like a beauty indoors. Always consider your pets when flying inside. Another video below.
Where To Buy Syma S032- My Preferences
My First safe buying place is Amazon
Banggood is also very secure shopping and I have bought many Syma Helis from them all unique no fakes and great cheap spares